Friday, September 14, 2012

Panera Bread

It has been a long long week. I had ups and downs throughout the week. First, I screwed my first data structures quiz, then my girlfriend had a melt down, and thirdly, I caught a cold. I'm not sure if it's caused by emotional stress or too much coffee which means insufficient water. Doesn't correlate does it?  D: Anyhoo on the upside, I finally jogged! I managed to Zumba for one hour and did cardio for another 30 minutes. I'm pretty happy bout that. And tonight, I'm gonna have dinner with my boyfriend's mother and sister! Will talk about Sakagura in MidTown Manhattan in another post. This is a picture of one of my closest friends in school. As you can see, he loves monster! Here's to you, Ben for all the good reasons!

Picture taken using my Samsung Infuse 4G. There, I gave away my phone model. Droid ftw! Clarity baby!

Okay, so here comes the yummy part of this blog. Panera Bread Company! Basically, Panera is some kind of pastry and baked goods bakery. What's amazing about this place is that it offers a variety of choices from soups to salads and signature Panera sandwiches. My first try of Panera was last fall and ever since, my boyfriend and I would dine in this restaurant every other two weeks or so. 

The Wide Variety of Pastries for you to choose from Panera Bakery

Cookies, Cakes and Muffins

The pictures above are basically the "tea and breakfast" foods you could ever crave for. From Chocolate Duet with Walnuts Cookies, Cinnamon Crunch, Pumpkin Muffin and Cherry Pies to Ham and Swiss Baked Egg Sandwiches, they are all freshly baked from the oven! With such a vast variety, it's convenient that they place them right on the counter! That morning, I ordered a Cobblestone Muffin and it was absolutely delicious! 

Cobblestone Muffin

That's a cobblestone muffin at its finest! Doesn't it make your mouth water? It looks intensely appetizing and it is the perfect oomph you need to kick start the day! Basically, the muffin has a sweet cinnamon flavor to it. It's glazed with white sugar and streusel that makes it more savory. The muffin consists of apple slices and raisins that gives it the additional touch to the sweet roll. When you bite into the muffin, the juice and flavors of the fruits bursts into you mouth that creates a wonderful and savory sourness plus sweetness that is captivating enough to wheedle you for another scrumptious bite. Enough about pastries. Let's talk bout New York's first breakfast choice. Bagels!

Asiago Cheese

This is what my friend got! I took one bite from the bagel. What I can say is that the hard, strong taste of cheese is surprisingly not overwhelming. It's perfect with the grilled bagel. It's not too salty even though the cheese is overflowing! I have to say that Panera isn't too stingy in giving a pretty handsome proportion. Most of the time, me and my boyfriend would get the pick 2 from the signature dishes. The deal comes with half or a full sandwich and a choice of an apple or a bun. The smoothie is pretty good too. Overall, the customer service is impeccable as they are really helpful and friendly. Try Panera folks and let me know what you think!


Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment